Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Basic Training Refresher (BT-REF)
The Basic Training Refresher course is a 23-hour course designed to provide professional mariners with a refresher of basic maritime personal survival techniques, personal social and safety responsibilities, first aid, and fire prevention and firefighting skills, which fulfills the 2010 Amendments to STCW Code, as amended. This course is designed for mariners who do not have one year of sea time within the last five years.
This course satisfies the continued competency requirements for STCW Basic Training in STCW, as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(e), and 46 CFR 12.602(e); and all of the Tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines found in NVIC 08-14.
Prerequisites- Basic Training Course and the ability to tread water for 1-minute without assistance.
Suggested Courses/Skill- See NVIC 08-14.
What You Will Learn
The student who successfully completes this course will understand the use of firefighting equipment, SCBA, survival craft and other equipment normally carried aboard U.S. commercial vessels. They will also know how to react properly during maritime emergency situations and take appropriate measures to enhance his/her own survival, that of shipmates, and their vessel.
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below