Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Standards of Training and Financial Responsibility
Where applicable, the MITAGS-PMI Courses are approved by the United States Coast Guard’s National Maritime Center, (NMC) The American Pilots’ Association (APA), and / or the Military Sealift Command (MSC). Additionally, MITAGS is certified by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) as a “Maritime Training, and Simulation Center.”
The schools also fall under their respective state vocation commissions that require full tuition reimburse if either school fails to meet its obligations.
PMI is licensed under Chapter 28.C10 RCW as a Washington State Vocational Training Provider. It is required to follow the policies mandated by the Workforce Training, Education and Coordinating Board. Washington’s Eligible Training Provider’s List can be viewed at Washington State’s Training Education and Coordinating Board’s website at www.wtb.wa.gov .
MITAGS is licensed by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). The STCW95 AB to Mate and Chief Mate / Master Programs are under MHEC oversight.