Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
The MATES Program
The MMP Maritime Advancement, Training, Education & Safety Trust (MMP-MATES) Program operates the Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS) and the Pacific Maritime Institute (PMI). They are the primary training facilities for members of the International Organization of Masters, Mates and Pilots (IOMM&P). MITAGS and PMI offer numerous courses / training programs that have been specifically designed to enhance your maritime career from ordinary seaman to unlimited tonnage master/pilot.
If your company or organization employs members of the Masters, Mates & Pilots, contact us to discuss the numerous advantages of becoming part of the MATES Program. These advantages include, but are not limited to:
- The satisfaction of knowing that 100% of your Deck Officer Regulatory Training requirements are met,
- Fixed costs for training vs. variable costs,
- Reduction of logistic workload,
- Consistency and Quality of Training throughout your fleet,
- Significant reduction in training costs.
Contact us today to join our growing MATES Program Contributing Companies.
"On behalf of APL Maritime, I would like to express my appreciation for the presentations and support provided by MITAGS during the APL Maritime Senior Officer Conference held four weeks ago at the Conference Center at the Maritime Institute (Maryland). This conference was attended by over 80 permanent Masters, Mates, Chiefs and First Engineers of our fleet along with shore side support staff from both coasts of the United States and by all accounts was a tremendous success. Your support during the planning and actual conference ensured the successful results. Yours is a quality facility staffed with true professionals..
Brian Peter, Director of Safety, Quality and Environment (SQEMS)