Announcements - View All
MITAGS and PMI continuously seeks individuals who are leaders in their field that possess the core competencies and values listed within our Mission Statement. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/F/F/H)
MITAGS-PMI is seeking a fulltime instructor for our west coast campus in Seattle, Washington.
The instructor will be presenting curriculum that aligns with our industry recognized apprenticeship program. These courses are for an attendee desiring to become an Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch.
In addition, the instructor will be presenting courses in our Marine Safety and Security Department. These include custom safety programs.
A MITAGS-PMI Instructor is responsible for presenting courses in the maritime field and providing quality classroom instruction to attendees. The Instructor shall be responsible for delivering content as provided by MITAGS-PMI.
Desired qualifications include:
- USCG Officer Level License; with experience sailing under his/her highest level license and similar experience are a plus, may be substituted with equivalent uniformed service experience (NOAA, USCG, USN).
- Degree in Adult Education, Maritime Sciences or related field.
- Two years of experience effectively supervising subordinates in a similar environment desired.
- Experience teaching adults professional subjects for one or more years, including teaching cadets.
- Experience, training and qualifications required to obtain approval to teach the courses in the field from the U.S. Coast Guard is required. Please submit a cover letter with your resume to the MITAGS-PMI Human Resource Manager, Jane Sibiski via email@example.com.
Please check back regularly for future employment opportunities.
Please email or send resumes and/or applications to:
MITAGS-PMI Human Resouces Department
692 Maritime Blvd
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090