Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
STCW 2010 Chief Mate to Master Program
This STCW-2010 training program is designed for the experienced officer in charge of a navigation watch (Second & Third Officers) who is readyto upgrade to Chief Mate / Master management level. This complete program offers all the mandatory and optional training and assessement requirements to upgrade to the management level Chief Officer/Mate.
The MITAGS CMM program is thirteen weeks (65 days) of USCG National Maritime Center (NMC) approved training and simulations that provides you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to assume the duties and responsibilities of a Chief Mate and Master. The courses are constantly updated and taught by highly experienced Captain/Instructors. Where applicable, advanced simulation is incorporated into the courses. MITAGS has prepared more deck officers to move up to the management level than any school in the United States.
Please note that as of 24 March 2014, with the implementation of USCG NVIC 10-14 and NVIC 11-14 the only courses that are MANDATORY, but do NOT complete all other assessment tasks as required by the NMC are:
- 10 - Day Advanced Shiphandling
- 05 - Day Advancded Stability
- 05 - Day Advanced Weather
- 05 - Day Leadership & Managerial Skills
- 10 - Day Medical Person in Charge (Management of Medical Care)
- 05 - Day Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS)
The following optional MITAGS CMM Courses are included within the MITAGS CMM Program and will complete the remaining eight-one (81) task that are needed to upgrade OR you may complete these task onboard ship by a Management Level Deck Officer until 31 December 2017; after (01 January 2018) these tasks must be signed by a Management Level Deck Officer who is also a Qualified Assessor.
- 10 - Day Advanced Cargo Operations/Cargo Handling & Stowage (Management Level)
- 10 - Day Advanced Watchkeeping
- 10 - Day Ship/Shipboard Management (Management of Medical Care is included in this class as well)
- 05 - Day Marine Propulsion Plants
- 05 - Day Voyage Planning & Electronic Navigation
- 25 - Day License Advancement Program
Please note; that the Pacific Maritime Institute offerings are limited to ECDIS and Advanced Shiphandling.
Eligible students may also access Veterans Benefits for CMM Courses.
MITAGS/PMI … "The Leaders in Maritime Professional Training,
Operational Research, Port Modeling and Simulation Studies"
The classes at MITAGS were long and time consuming, however the seeds that were planted have proven useful in my job. Not long after receiving my license, I was promoted to Chief Mate aboard my ship. It was rather sudden and with no introduction, other than the common knowledge I had acquired. The stability portion of my curriculum has come in handy, as I have built excel spreadsheet formulas from our classroom activity and use them to verify data. In reflection of my past tours at MITAGS, I can honestly say that I did not see the full benefits I was obtaining. Thus after my first tour as Chief Mate, I want to say "thank you" for your professional dedication in which I have pulled confidence upon. John Bilich, Alumni, Chief Mate / Master Program” JayJohn Bilich, Alumni, Chief Mate / Master Program