Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
AB to Mate Program
This program is designed for able seafarers that have 1080 days of sea service. It will provide all of the STCW-2010 training requirements needed to attain an STCW Officer In Charge of a Navigation Watch (OICNW) and a USCG Third Mate Oceans or Near Coastal License. Optional courses are available to attain endorsements for Tankerman Person In Charge (TPIC), Medical Person In Charge (Med-PIC) and other endorsements for candidates with the requisite sea service. Completion of the program will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to take on the duties and responsibilities of a Mate.
Our goal is to support mariners and provide a professional, relaxed atmosphere to assist in the completion of this demanding program. MITAGS-PMI strive to bring real shipboard experience and relevance to all of the courses. Advanced simulation technology is used in many of classes to complete assessments and develop professional skill sets. Additionally, the Institutes make use of experienced and talented instructors to help "bring the material alive".
Use the table below to access information on the courses within this program of study.
We invite you to download our AB to Mate Brochure, contact us, and call our students for their testimonials to see, first hand, the MITAGS-PMI difference. Again, thank you for your interest in our AB to Mate Program.
MITAGS/PMI … "The Leaders in Maritime Professional Training,
Operational Research, Port Modeling and Simulation Studies"