Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
"Before I took your class I knew basically nothing about these ASDs; I jumped on the tractor tug the other day and applied what u taught me and wham!! Pulled it off like I knew what I was doing!! Pretty cool feeling!!! Thanks!"
Capt. Rip Claunch
Tug and Barge Courses
In addition to the Workboat Mate Program, MITAGS-PMI has developed a comprehensive training matrix specifically for the tugboat and barge industry. Many of these courses may be customized and/or taught at offsite locations. The table below provides links to tugboat and barge related courses. The MITAGS-PMI Tug Training Matrix may also be downloaded in a print friendly format.
For more information, please contact Admissions at MITAGS or PMI.
“Thanks again for providing Navy Region Northwest with the best training opportunities available on the West Coast with PMI’s state of the art Tug/Ship Simulator and operators with Captain Jeff Slesinger’s, Delphi Maritime’s professional tutelage in ASD tug instruction. Thank you for the thoughtful and concise assessment of each student. This provides the independent feedback needed for each of these individuals to "think with their head" or "think with their hands" when continuing their process to excellence in becoming an ASD Tug Master for Navy Region Northwest.” Jay Anderson, Port Captain