Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Voyage Planning & Electronic Navigation (VPEN-CMM)
This course (MITPMI-545) is for Second Mates upgrading to Chief Mate/Master. Attendees who complete this course will gain a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of voyage planning in accordance with IMO Resolution A 893 (21). Attendees learn to utilize and maximize their use of electronic navigational aids, including GPS, Gyrocompass and Autopilots.
This course satisfies the Navigation at Management Level training requirements of Section A-II/2 of the STCW Code and the following Tasks of NVIC 10-14: 1.1.A, 1.2.A, 1.2.B, 1.2.C, 2.2.A, 3.1.A, 3.1.B, 3.1.C, 3.1.D, 3.2.A, 3.3.A, 7.4.A, 7.4.B and 7.4.C.
Prerequisites- This course is designed for qualified Third and Second mates who wish to upgrade their USCG License to Chief Mate / Master; Only individuals who have maritime navigation experience should attend this course; ECDIS (MITPMI-179)
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 10-14 & 11-14.VPEN-CMM is directed at the attendee with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Mercator and Great Circle sailings as well as Tide and Currents calculations. In order to successfully complete the course, it is strongly recommend that you review these areas of navigation and become proficient in them prior to attending the course.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below