Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Visual Communications (Flashing Light) (FL)
This course (MITPMI-542) is required for all Able Seamen upgrading to Mate / OICNW. This 4-hour session, “Visual Communications”, assesses trainees in reading Morse code signals sent by light at a rate of four words per minute, and in the use of Pub 102 in decoding Morse code signals. Students must be able to translate the Morse Code alphabet prior to attending the FL session.
This course is available "On-demand" at MITAGS and can be added to almost any course of study. For more information please call MITAGS Admissions 1- 866-656-5568.
Prerequisites- Ability to translate Morse Code alphabet prior to enrolling.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
This course satisfies the following STCW and CFR training requirements:
Select the course date from the list below