Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Visual Communications (Flashing Light) (FL)
This course (MITPMI-542) is required for all Able Seamen upgrading to Mate / OICNW. This 4-hour session, “Visual Communications”, assesses trainees in reading Morse code signals sent by light at a rate of four words per minute, and in the use of Pub 102 in decoding Morse code signals. Students must be able to translate the Morse Code alphabet prior to attending the FL session.
This course is available "On-demand" at MITAGS and can be added to almost any course of study. For more information please call MITAGS Admissions 1- 866-656-5568.
Prerequisites- Ability to translate Morse Code alphabet prior to enrolling.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
This course satisfies the following STCW and CFR training requirements:
Select the course date from the list below