Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Vessel Security Officer (VSO)
This 3 day, 21 hour course (MITPMI-573) of instruction is designed to give attendees the proficiency required for personnel who are assigned responsibilities as Vessel Security Officer (VSO) to perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002. This course meets the requirements of the STCW Code Chapter VI, Section A-VI/5. A candidate successfully completing this course should be able to undertake the duties and responsibilities of a designated Vessel Security Officer.
Suggested Courses/Skills- MITAGS and PMI will verify the identity of students by requiring presentation of one of the following forms of photo identification (unexpired):
MITAGS or PMI will retain a copy of the identification document.
This course can be taught at your company location and / or combined with company specific training.
What You Will Learn
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
Select the course date from the list below