Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Tank Ship Dangerous Liquids (TPIC)
This course (MITPMI-501) prepares trainees for duties as the Person-In-Charge of Tanker and / or Barge Operations, including loading and discharging procedures, tank preparation, pollution prevention and hazard control. This course also satisfies the Tankerman Assistant requirements for those that do not have the required Loads and Discharges. Once you receive the required Loads and Discharges, you will automatically be upgraded to Tankerman Person in Charge.
Prerequisites- This course is intended for those possessing a valid MMD, USCG License or Endorsement as a Tankerman under previous regulations, but is open to all appropriate industry personnel.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 22-14.
What You Will Learn
Applicants who successfully complete this course will satisfy the training requirements of 46 CFR 13.209, 13.309, 13.409 or 13.509 for a tankerman endorsement; AND the tanker familiarization, oil tanker and chemical tanker training requirements of paragraphs 1-21 of Section A-V/1 of the STCW Code. Additionally, the course satisfies the training requirements of 46 CFR 10.227(d)(8)(i)(C) for renewal of a merchant mariner credential endoresed as Tankerman PIC Dangerous Liquids.
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below