Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
TCNAV/CNAV OICNW Assessments (TCNAV/CNAV-ASSESS)
These are Assessments for Officer In Charge of a Navigational Watch related to Terrestrial & Celestial Navigation. The assessments are:
Adjust a sextant
Celestial running fix
Plot the ship’s DR position
Determine the course to steer
Correction of charts and publications
Determine gyro compass error by bearing of range
Determine magnetic compass error
Determine magnetic compass deviation
Determine course to steer by magnetic compass
Position fix by magnetic compass bearings
Azimuth of the sun
Students wanting only one assessment must complete the full package that contains the assessment. There will be no single, individual stand-alone assessments offered. We strongly suggest students take our full equivalent classes (list and link to our other classes) if at all in doubt of successfully completing the assessment. If a student fails any assessment in the package, they will need to take the entire package over again at full price, should they choose to try the assessment again. Because these are assessments ONLY, not classes, the standard PMI course failure policy does not apply to any of the assessment packages.
Prerequisites- Knowledge of subject required.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14.
Select the course date from the list below