Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Small Arms (MITAGS) (MSC-SMA)
This 4-day course is designed to certify mariners to safely, responsibly, and effectively employ firearms in the performance of their duties and is IAW OPNAVINST 3591.1 Series Standards.
The mariner will be given instruction in and will have to qualify on:
This course is required annually for annual certification and annual sustainment.
Pre-requisites-Prospective students must never have been convicted of a felony or any crime of domestic violence. Each student will be required to sign and attest that the above is true. Students must meet the requirements of:
Suggested Courses/Skills- MSC Required Course. Prospective students must never have been convicted of a felony or any crime of domestic violence.
Two days are spent on an outdoor range so students need to bring appropriate seasonal clothing and always consider rain gear.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below