Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Ship Construction & Basic Stability (STB-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-449) is recommended for all "Able Seafarer - Deck" upgrading to Officer In Charge of a Navigation Watch (OICNW) and Third Mate Near Coastal or Oceans on vessels 500 GT and greater. The course provides students with a basic understanding of ship stability and construction. Through this course, trainees will become conversant in ship construction and proficient in basic stability and trim theory and its practicable applications.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Trainees will benefit from prior knowledge of basic math and physics; See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
This course satisfies the following Tasks of NVIC 12-14: 10.1.A, 11.3.A, 13.1.A, 13.2.A, 13.3.A, and 13.4.A.
What You Will Learn
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
This course also satisfies the NMC Policy letter 01-02 requirements for training in Basic Stability.
Select the course date from the list below