Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsThis course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org.
Security Awareness Workshop for Marine Pilots (SEC-PILOT)
Marine Pilots are led through an examination of the history of terrorism and the terminology critical to understanding and coping with potential terrorist acts. Terrorist practices are discussed with a focus on situations that marine pilots may encounter in their performance of their day-to-day duties. Proactive and reactive courses of action are suggested, as well as relatively simple means of changing daily routines to reduce vulnerability. Informational sources are identified and reporting responsibilities are also addressed.
Prerequisites- Maritime Pilot or applicant.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below