Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Search & Rescue - First Responders (SAR-FR)
This two-day course provides the candidate with knowledge of the contents of the International Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue Manual (IAMSAR), and the procedures necessary to respond to a distress signal at sea. An optional half-day of practical on-the-water training is available for all attendees.
The International Maritime Organization is committed to developing an international SAR plan, so that, no matter where an accident occurs, the rescue of persons in distress at sea will be coordinated by a SAR organization and, when necessary, by cooperation between neighboring SAR organizations.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
This SAR - Search and Rescue Training Course is offered by The Northwest Maritime Academy and Seafarers Worldwide in Gig Harbor, LaConner, and Seattle, Washington. Also available to agencies for onsite training.
Note: This course is directed at First Responders that are seeking familiarity with U.S. Coast Guard SAR regulations and procedures. This course will not satisfy the OICNW requirements for Search and Rescue.
What You Will Learn
This course will satisfy the IMO requirements for mariners responding to a Distress Signal at Sea, and the training requirements of Table A-II/I of the STCW Code, as amended 2010; and 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(iii). This training also satisfies the specific Guidelines found in NVIC 03-14.
What You Should Bring
Additional Recommended Tools:
Select the course date from the list below