Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Radar Observer (Unlimited) (ROU-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-399) is required for all officers who serve on vessels equipped with RADAR. Attendees will develop the skills needed for risk assessment, collision avoidance, and navigation. Trainees use commercial RADAR equipment with land masses, environmental effects and vessel returns. The curriculum exceeds USCG and IMO requirements for radar training. “Hands-on” simulation is conducted in the Institute’s four-ship interactive radar simulator. This course satisfies the following Tasks of NVIC 12-14: 1.4.A, 1.4.B, 3.1.A, 3.2.A, 3.2.B, 3.3.A, 3.4.A, 3.4.B, 3.4.C, 3.4.D, 3.4.E, 3.4.F, 3.4.G, and 3.4.H.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Knowledge of navigation.
What You Will Learn
Applicants who have successfully completed this course will satisfy the requirements of an endorsement for Radar Observer (Unlimited) and the radar training requirements for certification as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch pm vessels of 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC). This course satisfies the following STCW and CFR requirements:
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed “Control Sheets” for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below