Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (BT-PSSR)
This course (MITPMI-359) is designed to train all seafarers in complying with emergency procedures, preventing pollution of the marine environment, observing safe work practices, fostering clear and effective communications aboard the ship, and maintaining good working relationships. This course is also part of the Basic Safety Training course. This module is one of the four elements (first aid and CPR, fire-fighting, personal survival, personal and social responsibility) necessary for STCW 2010 Basic Training (BT). BT is required for all mariners with safety or emergency duties sailing on vessels 200 GRT tons or greater on near coastal or ocean voyages.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
What You Will Learn
To acquaint professional mariners with the basic principles of safety, teamwork, and social responsibility in the shipboard environment
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below