Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Meteorology (Operational Level) (WX-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-316) is required for Able Seamen upgrading to 3rd/2nd Mate. The goal of this 35-hour training course, “Meteorology”, is to provide trainees with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Meteorology at the Operational Level for Officers in Charge of a Navigational Watch. It provides students with a knowledge of the characteristics of various weather systems, reporting procedures and recording systems and onboard meteorological instruments. Attendees will gain the ability to apply the meteorological information available.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below