Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Meteorology (Operational Level) (WX-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-316) is required for Able Seamen upgrading to 3rd/2nd Mate. The goal of this 35-hour training course, “Meteorology”, is to provide trainees with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Meteorology at the Operational Level for Officers in Charge of a Navigational Watch. It provides students with a knowledge of the characteristics of various weather systems, reporting procedures and recording systems and onboard meteorological instruments. Attendees will gain the ability to apply the meteorological information available.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below