Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Medical Person In Charge Refresher (MED-PIC-REF)
The purpose of this five-day, forty-eight hour Medical Person-In-Charge Refresher Course is to review and reinforce medical knowledge and skills. The ship's medical officer should refresh his/her skills in order to provide quality medical assistance and advanced emergency medical care. The attendee will, within the past five years, have attended and successfully completed a USCG certificated Medical Person-In-Charge course that meets the STCW standards. This course meets the APL requirement for 5 year recurrent Medical Person-In-Charge refresher training for Licensed Deck Officers.
Please review the attached MED-PIC-REF Welcome Letter to familiarize yourself with the demands of this course.
Prerequisite: Students must have passed the USCG STCW MED-PIC course within five years of the requested MED-PIC-REF session to be permitted to enroll in this course. Attendees are urged to review study material prior to the start of class.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Not a USCG renewal requirement. May be required by your employer.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below