Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Additional Course Materials
Medical Care Provider (MED-PRO)
This 5-day course (MITPMI-310) is designed for seafarers responsible for providing immediate first aid to ship’s personnel and to assist the Ship’s Medical Person-in-Charge with providing definitive medical care. Attendees will learn and develop skills needed to recognize and assist in medical emergencies, promote the methods needed to maintain the well- being and safety of ship's personnel, conduct patient assessments and other essential ship board medical procedures.
This course is established using guidelines provided by the International Maritime Organization, Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers Code (STCW).
This course satisfies the following STCW and CFR medical training requirements:
Prerequisites- STCW- Basic First Aid
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14. Mandatory for OICNW Qualification after 12/31/2017.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below