Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
License Preparation (License Prep)
This two week program offered at PMI is designed to thoroughly prepare students to sit for their Mate 500, 1600 and Third Mate Unlimited License, and is designed to complement the entire previous program of study. Week one is an instructor led review of exam subjects. Week two is a self-study week, with an instructor on site to answer questions and assist with preparation.
Our license prep instructors are also our STCW Program instructors, so they know exactly what subjects students typically need more help with. In addition to helping the student prepare for all of the exam modules, PMI Instructors help each student prepare for the exam environment by providing tips on taking USCG exams, reviewing USCG Exam Room protocol, and how to most effectively use the materials provided in the exam room.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below