Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsThe success rate for passing the Coast Guard Exam, on the first sitting, is well over 90%. Instructor assistance is available on many evenings. We recommend that you stay on campus to take full advantage of this service.
License Prep Original 3rd Mate (LAP-ORG3RD)
This 15-day prep course offered at MITAGS is designed for able seafarers that have completed the required STCW training for "Officer In Charge of a Navigational Watch" (OICNW) and desire assistance in preparing for their USCG Third Mate Oceans or Near Coastal License Exams. The test week that follows is dependent upon each student's schedule and the REC's schedule.
Prerequisites-CG-718B Application submitted or USCG Approval Letter to Test.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Completion of the MITAGS-PMI OICNW trainingcourses is highly recommended. Please consider scheduling your test immediately following the course with the REC.
The schedule generally follows TOC of Murphy Book #5 & Capn Joe’s list of Stability Problems
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below