Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
License Advancement Program - Great Lakes (LAP-Great Lakes)
This License Advancement Program offered at MITAGS is designed for able seafarers sailing on Inland or Great Lakes waters seeking an original USCG license for "Mate 1600 Tons" up to" Mate Any Gross Tons." The course materials prepare students for the USCG exam modules, and elevate their skills to be at a peak performance prior to the exams. The course includes emphasis on navigational skills (including tides and currents), and Rules of the Road. Ample time is dedicated to the topics found within the USCG General Exam Modules. This is also a solid review course for mates desiring to upgrade to Inland/Great Lakes Master.
The spacious training lab is equipped with large chart tables (for each student), nautical publications, and internet access. The lab is open in the evening for student homework.
Students who complete this course will also need to complete the USCG approved Original Radar, Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting which are generally schedule prior to the start of LAP Great Lakes. These courses are required by the Coast Guard for an original "Mate - Great Lakes."
Prerequisites - CG-718B Application submitted or Coast Guard Approval letter to test.
Suggested Courses/Skills- USCG approval to test is highly recommended.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below