Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course Materials"This course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org."
Legal Aspects of Piloting - Seminar (LEG)
A maritime attorney provides an overview of federal, state, and international regulation of pilots and pilotage with a focus on how the regulatory and legal process affects how pilots do their jobs. Some of the topics covered include: the background and relationship of the respective federal, state, and international regulatory jurisdictions, the role of the pilot, what to do after a casualty, and specific federal regulatory requirements. The instructor will attempt to tailor the course to the specific legal circumstances of the attendees. The maritime legal environment is undergoing substantial change. This seminar is designed to keep apprentice and senior state pilots abreast of current law and the impact of recent legal decisions on long-standing legal precedents. It is a "must take" seminar for pilots!
Students who attended a two hour seminar on the Legal Aspects of Pilotage. Topics discussed included the State versus Federal Jurisdiction over Pilotage, Federal Navigation Safety Regulations, Marine Casualties and Investigations, and Suspensions, Revocations, and Penalties.
Prerequisites- Member or Apprentice of a State Pilots' Association.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
Select the course date from the list below