Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Integrated Electronic Navigation - Best Practices (IEN)
This course is designed as a as a refresher for anyone currently operating as a qualified Mate and/or Master. Participants should have attended USCG approved Radar and ARPA courses. At the end of the course, the learner, while standing a watch on a bridge equipped with a RADAR/ARPA, ECS and AIS, will prioritize, integrate and correlate electronic and visual data for navigation and collision avoidance, such that the learner's actions and decisions are made with regard for the distinct limitations and advantages of each piece of electronic equipment.
Prerequisites- STCW OICNW or Managment level certification.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
Students will demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency in the use of electronic navigation on by intensive simulator exercises.
The expected learnig outcomes are the student;
Select the course date from the list below