Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
First Aid and CPR (BT-AID-CPR)
This 8-hour course (MITPMI-197) provides seafarers with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate life-saving first aid until the arrival of first–aiders of greater training. This module is one of the four elements (first aid CPR, fire-fighting, personal survival, personal and social responsibility) necessary for STCW 2010 Basic Training (BT). BT is required for all mariners with safety or emergency duties sailing on vessels 200 GRT tons or greater on near coastal or ocean voyages.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
This course can be taught at company locations or combined with other courses.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 08-14.
What You Will Learn
Through classroom lecture and use of an anatomical mannequin suitable for performing cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the student will demonstrate:
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below