Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Fast Rescue Boat (FRB)
This three-day course is intended for personnel with previous small boat handling experience wishing to improve and adapt their skills for fast rescue boat operations. This course is a combination of classroom lecture and underway practical exercises.
This course is offered through our training partners Seafarers Worldwide and the Northwest Maritime Academy and is held offsite, north of Seattle in LaConner, Washington.
Prerequisites- PSC/ Lifeboatman, or Lifeboatman-Limited
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 05-14.
What You Will Learn
Successfully passing the written exam and practial assessments will qualify the graduate as certified for Operator of Fast Rescue Boats. This course is compliant with Coast Guard standards and the guidelines of Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code as required by 46 CFR 12.617(b) every 5 years.
Select the course date from the list below