Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course Materials
Shiphandling course may be scheduled for a morning or late afternoon starting time. Please check with the MITAGS Admissions for the scheduled starting time of your course. If your shiphandling course is scheduled to start in the afternoon do not make plans to depart MITAGS prior to the morning following course completion.
Emergency Shiphandling-5 Day (SHS-EMR5)
This course is designed for experienced mariners to practice demanding shiphandling techniques. It takes advantage of the full mission simulator for two extra days of shiphandling exercises including docking and undocking, use of tugs and azipods, and emergency situations. Students can play out customized exercise scenarios tailored to their specific ship types and/or operating environment. Students will be better prepared for emergency situations and make decisions based on sound decision making principles and emergency procedures. Students will demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency in shiphandling on a Full Mission Simulator and may elect formal evaluations by simulation and written test.
Prerequisites- This course is available to Marine Pilots, experienced Masters, Chief Mates and anyone who has completed Basic and Advanced Shiphandling I & II.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below