Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsShiphandling course may be scheduled for a morning or late afternoon starting time. Please check with the MITAGS Admissions for the scheduled starting time of your course. If your shiphandling course is scheduled to start in the afternoon do not make plans to depart MITAGS prior to morning following course completion.
Emergency Shiphandling-3 Day (SHS-EMR3)
This course is designed for Pilots and Masters. It addresses decision making in stressful situations and techniques for avoiding or reducing damage as a result of equipment failure. Each student reacts to an engine, steering or other emergency while transiting restricted waters. Thorough debriefing sessions allow students to analyze decisions made and determine alternative solutions.
Prerequisites- This course is available to Marine Pilots, experienced Masters, Chief Mates and anyone who has completed Basic and Advanced Shiphandling I & II.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below