Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Emergency Procedures (Operational Level) (EP-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-185) is required for all Able Seamen upgrading to 3rd Mate/2nd Mate. Students learn procedures for dealing with emergency situations and the training that is necessary to maintain an effective response. The development and use of checklists is stressed throughout the course. It is expected that students completing this course attain a broad understanding of the subject matter. The student gains knowledge regarding the critical importance of drills, training and the preparedness that is essential to shipboard safety. Through this course, trainees will become proficient in knowledge and understanding of Emergency Procedures, which may be necessary at sea or in port.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below