Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS) (ECDIS)
The 40-hour Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) course (MITPMI-179) is designed to enhance the safety of navigation by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize ECDIS. The course incorporates live marine ECDIS equipment, networked with interactive blind bridge simulators. The ECDIS used is the Transas Marine NaviSailor software and meets IMO performance standards.
This course satisfies the following training requirements
Prerequisites-Prior to taking this course, mariners must be certified in Terrestrial & coastal navigation (TCNAV-CO), or prior navigation experience as OICNW Master, and basic piloting and be skilled in intermediate computer operations.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 02-14. Mariners will benefit from prior experience in collision avoidance on ARPA and Radar (strongly recommended), Ship Handling, Bridge Resource Management, and Chart Portfolio Management.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below