Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS)
The 40-hour Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) course (MITPMI-179) is designed to enhance the safety of navigation by providing the knowledge and skills necessary to fully utilize ECDIS. The course incorporates live marine ECDIS equipment, networked with interactive blind bridge simulators. The ECDIS used is the Transas Marine NaviSailor software and meets IMO performance standards.
This course satisfies the following training requirements
Prerequisites-Prior to taking this course, mariners must be certified in Terrestrial & coastal navigation (TCNAV-CO), or prior navigation experience as OICNW Master, and basic piloting and be skilled in intermediate computer operations.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 02-14. Mariners will benefit from prior experience in collision avoidance on ARPA and Radar (strongly recommended), Ship Handling, Bridge Resource Management, and Chart Portfolio Management.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below