Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Celestial Navigation (Operational Level) (CNAV-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-114) is required by all Able Seamen upgrading to 500/1600/3rd Mate licenses as it satisfies the OICNW training requirements for Celestial Navigation. The course covers the most common forms of position fixing by celestial bodies. Subjects for this course include nautical astronomy, sextant, sight reductions, time of sunset, time of sunrise, and star identification.
Prerequisites- Terrestrial & Coastal Navigation (TCNAV).
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below