Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Cargo Handling & Stowage (Operational Level) (CHS-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-100) is required for all Able Bodied Seamen upgrading to 3rd/2nd Mate. It prepares the student for undertaking deck watch duties while loading and discharging cargo in port and care of cargo in transit. The goal of this 35-hour training course, “Cargo Handling & Stowage”, is to provide trainees with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in monitoring the loading, stowage, securing and unloading of cargoes. It includes procedures for safe entry into confined spaces and handling dangerous goods but does not include specialized cargo operations. (E.g. LNG/LPG or chemical tanker operations)
This course is designed to satisfy the following STCW and CFR training requirements:
Prerequisites- Ship Construction & Stability (MITPMI-449).
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below