Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Cargo Handling & Stowage (Operational Level) (CHS-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-100) is required for all Able Bodied Seamen upgrading to 3rd/2nd Mate. It prepares the student for undertaking deck watch duties while loading and discharging cargo in port and care of cargo in transit. The goal of this 35-hour training course, “Cargo Handling & Stowage”, is to provide trainees with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in monitoring the loading, stowage, securing and unloading of cargoes. It includes procedures for safe entry into confined spaces and handling dangerous goods but does not include specialized cargo operations. (E.g. LNG/LPG or chemical tanker operations)
This course is designed to satisfy the following STCW and CFR training requirements:
Prerequisites- Ship Construction & Stability (MITPMI-449).
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 12-14 & 13-14.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below