Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course Materials
"I was impressed with the practicality and usefulness of the simulator program I witnessed at PMI yesterday. Thank you for the excellent work. In my interviews of the experienced Masters, Mates and Managers that attended, I discovered they were all surprised to find out that at the end of the BRM exercise, they had all learned lessons that will help make them better and safer Masters and/or Managers." Robert Dorn,Vice President, K-Sea Transportation
Bridge Resource Management (40 Hour) (BRM-40)
The goal of this 40-hour Bridge Resource Management (Operational Level) (PACMAI-89) Course (MITPMI-89) is to provide trainees with knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Maintaining a Safe Navigational Watch at the Operational Level.
Prerequisites- Students must already possess the following prior to attending: this course a valid license or document issued by a Flag State party to the international treaty; STCW ‘95, certifying competency as a rating forming part of a navigational watch. and a valid Merchant Mariner Document, MMD. See NVIC 11-14 & 12-14.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
This course satisfies the Watchkeeping training requirements for certification as Officer in Charge of a Navigational Watch on vessel's over 500 or more gross tonnage (ITC), the Bridge Resource Management training requirements of 46 CFR 11.202 (e), and the requirements of Section A-II/1 of the STCW Code. The practical exercises conducted during this course satisfy the following STCW requirements:
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed "Control Sheets" for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
Select the course date from the list below