Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Additional Course MaterialsApproval Letter
Bridge Resource Management (35-Hour) (BRM-35)
This course (MITPMI-84) is designed to assist professional mariners in gaining knowledge of BRM principles and proficiency through the practical application of those principles. Attendees gain instruction and discussion on the effective use of all available resources to enhance navigation safety. Emphasis is on the BRM behaviors necessary to achieve effective teamwork and how to minimize accidents caused by human error. The MITAGS Full-Mission Shiphandling Simulator is extensively used to apply techniques and behaviors learned in the classroom.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Prerequisites- Students must already possess the following prior to attending: this course a valid license or document issued by a Flag State party to the international treaty; STCW ‘95, certifying competency as a rating forming part of a navigational watch. and a valid Merchant Mariner Document, MMD. See NVIC 11-14 & 12-14.
Suggested Courses/Skills- For STCW RIG to MATE, CM or Master 500GT or above. See NVIC 11-14 & 12-14.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below