Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Basic Training (BT)
This is required by the STCW 2010 code for all mariners with safety or pollution control duties. Basic Training (Basic Safety Training) combines all four elements of basic safety into a 5-day program. Training may be taken individually depending on attendee's needs. These courses are designed for seafarers in order to provide immediate life-saving first aid until the arrival of first–aiders of greater training. This course is created to meet the standards of competency in elementary first aid, fire fighting, personal safety and personal survival.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Please note for the PST section: If the participant is unable to swim, tread water, or has a fear of water they will be dis-enrolled from the course until such time the participant can provide evidence of successfully completing swimming lessons. MITAGS will accept the equivalent of the YMCA's adult beginner (level 1). If the participant indicates at the beginning of or prior to the start of the BT-PST portion that they are unable to swim, tread water, or has a fear of water they will be refunded the price of the BT-PST portion. Note: NO refund will be provided if the participant does not indicate to the staff prior to the pool session.
Prerequisites- Ability to tread water for 1-minute without assistance
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 08-14.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
There are no pre-requisites for this class, but this course includes strenuous physical activity. Mariners must be physcially fit and capable of moderate swimming exertion!
Select the course date from the list below