Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Basic Firefighting (Seattle) (BT-FF-BAS-SEA)
This course is designed to train seafarers in minimizing risk , maintaining state of readiness, and extinguishing shipboard fires. It combines both classroom and practical fire-field exercises in full turnout gear with live burns. This course is also part of the Basic Safety Training course. This module is one of the four elements (fire-fighting, personal survival, personal and social responsibility) necessary for STCW 2010 Basic Training (BT). BT is required for all mariners with safety or emergency duties sailing on vessels 200 GRT tons or greater on near coastal or ocean voyages.
Pre-requisites- There are no entry requirements other than general good health and the physical ability to safely carry out rigorous activities during “live” fire fighting exercises. Fire-field safety rules require all students to be clean shaven in order to ensure a proper seal with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Each student will be required to complete a screening questionnaire prior to training.
Select the course date from the list below