Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
Additional Course Materials"This course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org."
Azipod 2-Day for Pilots (AZIPOD-2)
The 2-day Azipod instruction course will instruct the attendee on the unique maneuvering techniques and characteristics of an Azipod propulsion system. The course divides the time between lectures and simulator work. Simulator training includes using the Azipod system in the "transit mode" (active rudders), "independent maneuvering" mode and the "joystick" mode. Simulation exercises are designed to provide a realistic transition from one mode to the next during all phases of maneuvering that is from "berth to berth".
Prerequisites- Basic and Advanced Shiphandling.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the use of Azimuthing Podded Drive (AZIPOD) Steering and Propulsion Control Units.
What You Will Learn
Select the course date from the list below