Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Advanced Shiphandling (Week 1) (SHS-ADV-I-CMM)
This course is required for all 2nd Mates upgrading to Chief Mate/Master. The Advanced Shiphandling Course is presented in two, one-week modules, CMM-SHS-ADV I and CMM-SHS-ADV II. Both weeks must be completed successfully within one year before a STCW compliant 73-Hour Advanced Shiphandling certificate of competence will be issued. The attendee will gain an understanding and proficiency in shiphandling on a Full Mission Simulator. A Basic Shiphandling course or equivalent experience through sea service is a prerequisite for this course.
Travel Note: Shiphandling courses may be scheduled for a morning or late afternoon starting time. Attendees will be assigned a starting time upon arrival at MITAGS. Plan to arrive and attend the 0755 briefing on Monday. If you are attending a shiphandling course do not make plans to depart MITAGS prior to morning following course completion.
Successfully completing both weeks satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
Prerequisites - A Basic Shiphandling course or equivalent experience through sea service is a prerequisite for this course.
Suggested Courses/Skills- ECDIS and VPEN courses.
What You Will Learn
Week 2- (Shiphandling Advanced II (CMM-SHS-ADV II)
Select the course date from the list below