Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course Materials
Advanced Meteorology (ADVWX-CMM)
Advanced Meteorology & Ocean Science (MITPMI-18) is required for individuals who wish to upgrade their license to Chief Mate/Master. This 5-day ADVWX course satisfies the STCW competencies for Meteorology as defined in Table A-II/2 and as outlined in the U. S. Coast Guard’s NVIC 10-14. The course meets the meteorological training and learning objectives to Plan and Conduct a Passage and Determine Position, and the assessment requirements for Chief Mate and Master licenses applicable to vessels greater than 3000 gross tons. The course satisfies the following Tasks of NVIC 10-14: 7.1.A, 7.2.A, 7.3.A, 7.4.A, 7.4.B, and 7.4.C
On Monday of the course basic maritime weather is reviewed. The course provides the training required for an attendee to demonstrate the knowledge and skill in weather forecasting, including tropical weather systems, wave motion theory, weather interaction with vessel dynamics, major weather phenomena, tide and current predictions, and the use of facsimile and computer programs for minimizing the destructive effects of weather on ship operations. Prerequisite: This is a Chief Mate/Master course. Basic marine weather knowledge equivalent to that taught in a U. S. Coast Guard certified basic marine weather course must be documented.
Prerequisites- Basic Meteorology Course.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Provides the training required for an attendee to demonstrate the knowledge and skill in weather forecasting, see NVIC 10-14.
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below