Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Additional Course MaterialsAprroval Letter
Advanced Cargo Operations/Cargo Handling & Stowage (Management Level) (CHS-CMM)
This course (MITPMI-14) is available for all 2nd Mates upgrading to Chief Mate/Master. It covers the practical and legal aspects of cargo operations and prepares prospective Chief Mates for their role in maintaining the vessel.
Week one of the Cargo Handling & Storage course includes information on cargo gear and cargo stress, cargo products, care of cargo during transit. This course also trains attendees in containership operations, RO/RO vessel operations, dangerous cargo regulations, grain rules and other information on dry bulk, or containerized cargos. Week two of the Cargo Handling & Storage course includes information on tankers and tanker operations, liquefied gas tanker operations, ships’ construction, dry-docking, and surveys.
Please note that evening course sessions will occur and the instructor will assign those specific dates at the beginning of class.
Prerequisite The MITAGS Advanced Stability (CMM-ADVSTB) must be taken and successfully passed before attending.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010:
What You Will Learn
Course Subjects - Dry Cargo Operations
Course Subjects - Tanker Operations
Course Subjects - Construction/Maintenance
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below