Announcements - View All
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- Payment Due At Time of Course Registration
- NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
ARPA (Automatic Radar Plotting Aids) (ARPA-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-37) is required for all officers who serve on vessels equipped with ARPA. Attendees will learn collision avoidance and navigation. Trainees use commercial ARPA equipment with landmasses, environmental effects and vessel returns. The curriculum exceeds IMO requirements. “Hands-on” simulation is conducted on Raytheon, Sperry, and Furuno ARPAs. The successful completion of the course entitles attendees to a USCG/STCW ARPA certificate.
Prerequisite- Radar Observer Unlimited.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Required on vessels equipped with ARPA. See NVIC 10-14, 11-14 and 12-14.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR requirements:
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below