Announcements - View All
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
ARPA (Automatic Radar Plotting Aids) (ARPA-OIC)
This course (MITPMI-37) is required for all officers who serve on vessels equipped with ARPA. Attendees will learn collision avoidance and navigation. Trainees use commercial ARPA equipment with landmasses, environmental effects and vessel returns. The curriculum exceeds IMO requirements. “Hands-on” simulation is conducted on Raytheon, Sperry, and Furuno ARPAs. The successful completion of the course entitles attendees to a USCG/STCW ARPA certificate.
Prerequisite- Radar Observer Unlimited.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Required on vessels equipped with ARPA. See NVIC 10-14, 11-14 and 12-14.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR requirements:
What You Will Learn
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below