Announcements - View All
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
- SOCP 2017 Fall Meeting October 31st to November 1st at MITAGS
NEW CONTRACT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR APL MARITIME
APL Maritime has new contract training requirements for rotary Second Mates, Chief Mates and Masters.
Effective Jan. 1, 2017, Second Mates sailing on APL Maritime vessels must have the following:
- Medical Person-in-Charge (Med-PIC) Endorsement with refresher every five years;
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Certificate with refresher every five years;
- Vessel Security Officer Endorsement (no refresher).
Chief Mates and Masters must have the above, as well as Emergency SHS, Assessor and Hazardous Materials training.
As the result of a meeting with union officials and APL, MITAGS-PMI East has added a new 10-Day Med-PIC course that starts on March 13.
Please check the website or contact MITAGS admissions for a complete list of original and refresher offerings.